DIGITAL DOWNLOAD at ZAKALearn.wiki
Ann Kroeker – Craft a Compelling Nonfiction Book Proposal DIY
Writing Coach Ann Kroeker’s training walks you step by step through the process of developing a professional nonfiction book proposal.
Craft a Compelling Nonfiction Book Proposal – DIY
Writing Coach Ann Kroeker’s training walks you through the process of crafting your own compelling nonfiction book proposal.
Is this you?
» You have an idea and you know you need a proposal, but you have no idea where to start.
» You’ve developed your book concept and feel ready to pitch it to agents and publishers, but still need a book proposal (and have no idea where to start).
» You got halfway through creating a book proposal, but ended up confused and stuck.
» You read blog posts explaining proposals, but when you tried it yourself, you struggled to make sense of all the elements.
» You like the accountability of walking through the process step by step.
Learn to craft a compelling proposal for your nonfiction book
Designed for nonfiction authors, this program allows you to develop a quality book proposal at your own pace, following the instruction provided in Ann’s training videos and collateral materials.
✅ Professional Coaching and Training
“Craft a Compelling Nonfiction Book Proposal” is taught by Ann Kroeker, a professional writing coach who has helped multiple clients complete their nonfiction book proposals and land contracts with agents and publishers.
✅ Step-by-Step Instruction
“Craft a Compelling Nonfiction Book Proposal” walks you step by step through the process of defining your concept and developing your content, so you can craft your own professional proposal by following the instruction, examples, and demos.
This course answers your questions and offers clarity to alleviate the confusion you’ve felt trying to figure it out on your own with bits and pieces you’ve collected online—get everything you need in one course!
This course is ideal for if…
- you’re developing a nonfiction book concept (not fiction or memoir)
- you’re prepared to devote time to learning, researching, and writing the necessary elements for a book proposal over next few weeks (or months, depending on how fast you work)
- you’re flexible to consider changes to your ideas as you prepare your proposal
- you understand this course offers clear instruction on developing a proposal but can’t guarantee a successful outcome
- you’re a DIY self-starter, willing to work alone and set (and meet) personal deadlines
What to expect:
7-module video training — everything you need, all at once, so you can work through at your own pace
multiple lessons in each module break down the proposal elements and walk through finding what you need
worksheets for key lessons
checklists to keep you on track
weekly emails to provide coaching nudges and accountability
discounted 1:1 services
a proven nonfiction book proposal template — a downloadable, editable Word document that includes all required proposal elements (with explanations and descriptions) ready to fill out as you go
⚡ BONUS: sample proposal serves as a model for your own final version
⚡ BONUS: The Organized Writer: Tap into the Power of an Editorial Calendar (course: $75 value, free with purchase of this program)
⚡ BONUS: easy access to Make Your Sentences Sing: 7 Sentence Openers to Add Music to Your Prose (free course bundled into this program for easy access to strengthen your writing skills)
⚡ BONUS: 7 Steps to a Clear Book Idea: Find the Clarity You Crave and Validation You Need for Your Nonfiction Book course (course: $27 value, free with purchase of this program)
“You won’t be disappointed if you are needing assistance with your book proposal. The training material was top notch. Ann goes above and beyond with the training course.”
– Melissa Clark, Counselor, Speaker, Writer
“If I were Cinderella, Ann Kroeker would be my fairy godmother. I cannot recommend her highly enough! Ann is an expert coach and a warm soul. And I think she might be a tiny bit magic.”
– Kim Hyland, author of An Imperfect Woman: Letting Go of the Need to Have It All Together
“Two years ago I didn’t know writing coaches existed. Now, I can’t imagine my writing life without one!”
– Kristin Schell, Speaker, ambassador for Front Yard People, and author of The Turquoise Table.
- Receive extensive professional coaching through the training at a lower cost than one-on-one or group coaching
- Receive a book proposal template provided as a Word document; your template includes all typical proposal elements with explanations and descriptions, ready to fill out as you go through the course—you don’t have to stare a blank page
- Potential for creative breakthrough thanks to training that helps you gain clarity and overcome hurdles
✔ Discounted 1:1 Coaching Support — Optional Add-On
If you’re looking for additional accountability and input, writers enrolled in the course can apply the following discounts to several of my one-on-one coaching services and products when you’re inside the course.
NOTE: These calls will need to be scheduled at least one week apart from each other and within four months of purchase.
Reduced Price for 1:1 Coaching
Get a 10% discount applied to the following one-on-one coaching packages to support you as you work through the materials:
- 10% off a one-time, one-hour coaching call (normally $125 USD)
- 10% off a one-time, one-hour coaching call with content review of up to 1000 words (normally $210 USD)
- 10% off package of 4 one-hour calls (normally $425)
- 10% off package of 4 one-hour calls with content review of up to 1000 words per call (normally $765 USD)
What this self-paced course won’t do:
- This course is not the 90-day program (that’s here and is only open periodically); this is a course for individuals to work through on their own—the same training content, but a DIY self-paced version.
- The material and resources won’t refer you to agents or publishers—Ann provides recorded instruction and input such as article and website links, but will not introduce you to industry professionals or gatekeepers.
- Self-paced video training does not provide or replace individualized coaching.
- This program will not focus in detail on your particular book concept—the training videos help you fine-tune your ideas and develop your proposal, but you’ll have to turn to a writing group, writing buddy, editor, or coach who works one-on-one for specific input on the content you craft.
- This course does not include proposal editing.
- This course does not guarantee a book contract—you’ll receive clear instruction on developing a proposal, but it can’t guarantee a successful outcome.
Craft a Compelling Nonfiction Book Proposal DIY
Welcome! Glad to have you in the course!
Discounted Price for 1:1 Support
Understanding the Need for a Proposal (4:14)
Get to Know the Proposal (29:08)
Invitation to join Your Platform Matters
MODULE 1: Define Book Concept & Audience
Book Concept: Core Concept (6:40)
BONUS: What’s Your Book About? (2020 Webinar) (63:50)
Book Concept: Title & Subtitle (12:47)
Book Concept: Title & Subtitle Validation (8:16)
Audience and Market (13:34)
Build Your Platform as You Go (6:17)
BONUS: Audience Psychographics (17:38)
MODULE 2: Develop Book Content
Book Content: Hook (8:32)
Book Content: TOC (21:21)
Comps – Initial Research (27:35)
Book Content – Structure (9:22)
Book Content: Chapter Summaries (24:20)
Book Content: Brief Description (19:53)
Book Content: Sample Chapter Drafts (3:15)
Book Content: Description (4:02)
MODULE 3: Develop Overview Sections, Author Info, Influencers, Marketing
Overview: Category (9:05)
Overview: Unique Angle (11:05)
Overview: Purpose & Need (4:34)
Overview: Manuscript (10:11)
Overview: Reader Benefits & Special Features (5:16)
Overview: Alternate Titles (2:43)
Overview: Series (8:49)
Overview: Proposed Future Book Ideas (5:28)
About the Author (8:35)
Endorsers & Influencers (7:52)
Marketing & Promotion: Ideas (4:13)
MODULE 4: Validate – Platform
Platform: Intro (1:51)
Platform: Website (16:59)
Platform: Social Media – Facebook (8:08)
Platform: Social Media – Twitter (8:23)
Platform: Social Media – Instagram (8:26)
Platform: Social Media – LinkedIn (3:34)
Platform: Social Media – Pinterest (7:21)
Platform: Social Media – YouTube (3:00)
Platform: Social Media – Various (4:16)
Platform: Speaking (6:09)
Platform: Media & Podcasts (10:25)
Platform: Endorsements (9:43)
Platform: List Building (6:18)
Platform: Previous Book Reviews (2:44)
Platform: Unique to You (1:46)
Sample Chapters: Final Drafts (4:00)
MODULE 5: Validate – Marketing Plan
Marketing & Promotion: Intro (1:46)
Marketing & Promotion: Brain Dump (9:10)
Marketing & Promotion: Overall Statement (2:27)
Marketing & Promotion: Pre-Release (18:21)
Marketing & Promotion: Release (12:33)
Marketing & Promotion: Post-Release (4:05)
MODULE 6: Refine
Refine: Intro (2:06)
Refine: Find and Replace (5:42)
Refine: About the Author – Bio (6:27)
Refine: About the Author – Elements (7:36)
Refine: Platform (4:56)
Refine: Finalize Comps (11:00)
Refine: Marketing & Promotion, Endorsers & Influencers (7:39)
Refine: Audience & Market (8:42)
Refine: TOC & Chapter Summaries (5:34)
Refine: Formatting (12:37)
BONUS: Sample Chapter Formatting
MODULE 7: Finish
Final Recap (12:25)
Final Design (7:29)
What Is Creative Nonfiction (CNF) v. Memoir v. Narrative Nonfiction?
Newsletter, Email, List-Building Resources
Branding & Rebranding
What If People Steal My Idea?
Writing Events & Conferences
Author Advances & Contracts
Websites & Domains
Get the Most out of Your Website, Pt 1 (2020 Training) (68:01)
Get the Most out of Your Website, Pt 2 (2020 Training) (82:03)
8 reviews for Ann Kroeker – Craft a Compelling Nonfiction Book Proposal DIY
There are no reviews yet.