DIGITAL DOWNLOAD at ZAKALearn.wiki
Deborah Dana – Polyvagal Theory in Action with Deb Dana, LCSW
- Deborah Dana
- 6 Hours 16 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Sep 10, 2020
Have you had a client who could out-think their trauma? Likely you haven’t…because trauma isn’t healed through thought.
Clients come to us looking for ways to feel safe and regulated in their daily lives – but the trauma client is often stuck in a dysregulated state.
Like us, they want to be able to navigate the normal “shifting” we do in our daily life – transitioning from one state to another. Hyper to calm, irritated to relaxed, overwhelmed to feeling in control.
In the words of author and international trainer Deb Dana, LCSW, they are “longing to come into a state of regulation”.
And it’s our job to help them. It’s what we trained for, what we dreamed of doing, and where we get the deep satisfaction from the work we do.
By purchasing this training, Deb will give you:
- A deep knowledge of Polyvagal Theory – in easy to understand language
- Practical ways to work with the autonomic nervous system that create connection and safety…through techniques she’s honed and will share with you
The Polyvagal approach is not a model of therapy or a protocol to follow. It is an understanding of three organizing principles around which you can create your own approach and technique, blending them with your preferred model.
The goal is that you leave the training inspired to try something new with a client – – and that you have a roadmap to do so effectively.
Each client is unique, each therapist unique, and each approach unique, but using the foundation of our autonomic nervous system and working with states of engagement and dysregulation are universal ingredients for clinical success to happen.
Learning Polyvagal Theory and how to apply it in your practice may become one of the most transformational moments in your career
Purchase this training and revolutionize your practice.
|Manual – Polyvagal Theory in Action (10.9 MB)||59 Pages||Available after Purchase|
|Extra Handouts (2.1 MB)||8 Pages||Available after Purchase|
ESSENTIALS OF POLYVAGAL THEORY
- The evolution of the autonomic nervous system
- How trauma shapes ways the body responds
- Three organizing principles of Polyvagal Theory:
- Neuroception: Detection without perception
- Hierarchy: 3 predictable pathways of response
- Coregulation: The biological imperative
NEUROCEPTION AND THE SHAPING OF AUTONOMIC PATHWAYS
- How the internal surveillance system works
- Identifying cues of safety and danger
- Connecting to our innate autonomic wisdom
- Understanding patterns of protection and connection
NAVIGATE THE AUTONOMIC HIERARCHY
- Exploring three autonomic circuits
- Sympathetic mobilization
- Ventral vagal connection
- Dorsal vagal collapse
- How trauma shapes biology
- Moving between states
- Introduction to autonomic mapping
THE SOCIAL ENGAGEMENT SYSTEM
- The five elements of the Social Engagement System
- What happens when parts of the system are unavailable?
- Using the Social Engagement System to regulate states
- How to “exercise” the Social Engagement System
SHAPING THE AUTONOMIC NERVOUS SYSTEM TOWARD SAFETY
- Identifying portals of intervention
- Using breath as a regulator
- Resourcing new patterns through movement
- Exploring the autonomic response to touch
- Using autonomic imagery
INCORPORATING POLYVAGAL THEORY IN CLINICAL PRACTICE
- Getting comfortable teaching Polyvagal
- Theory to clients
- Tracking the flow of a Polyvagal-guided clinical session
- Polyvagal-guided assessment and treatment planning
- Polyvagal Theory and Phase I trauma treatment
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A POLYVAGAL GUIDED THERAPIST
- The guiding questions
- Ethical considerations
- Research limitations and potential risk
Deborah Dana, LCSW Related seminars and products: 10
Deb Dana, LCSW is a clinician and consultant specializing in working with complex trauma. She is a consultant to the Traumatic Stress Research Consortium in the Kinsey Institute and clinical advisor to Khiron Clinics. She developed the Rhythm of Regulation Clinical Training Series and lectures internationally on ways Polyvagal Theory informs work with trauma survivors. Deb is the author of The Polyvagal Theory in Therapy: Engaging the Rhythm of Regulation, Polyvagal Exercises for Safety and Connection: 50 Client-Centered Practices, co-editor with Stephen Porges of Clinical Applications of the Polyvagal Theory: The Emergence of Polyvagal-Informed Therapies, and creator of the Polyvagal Flip Chart. rhythmofregulation.com
Financial: Deborah Dana maintains a private practice. She is an author for W.W. Norton and receives royalties. She receives a consulting fee from Indiana University; and the Veterans Administration. Ms. Dana receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Deborah Dana has no relevant non-financial relationship.
Instant Access Available
Sale Page: https://catalog.pesi.com//item/polyvagal-theory-action-deb-dana-lcsw-6313
3 reviews for Deborah Dana – Polyvagal Theory in Action with Deb Dana, LCSW
There are no reviews yet.